To deliver management education for decision making that achieves an individual’s business goals.
Vision for the Farming Future
To provide educational opportunities for students to be successful in a competitive agricultural environment.
- Improved Quality of Life in Rural communities
- Achievement of Student Goals
- Awareness of the Global Importance of Agriculture
- Integrity in Student Interaction
- Timely and Student Focused Programming
Farm Business Management
Farm business management programs are designed to provide education to farm owners and operators or persons interested in farming. The purpose of the program is to assist students in meeting their business and personal goals.
This is best accomplished through the use of quality records and sound business decisions. Effective financial management in the business is the best way for the business to maintain that competitive edge.
Find An Instructor
Every instructor at our partner colleges is an experienced member of the farming community. They are available to consult with you on financial and management needs.Find by region
To encourage the continued growth of new generations of farmers, resources are available to help beginning, transitioning, and retiring farmers ensure future success.Learn More
Rural Mental Health
Minnesota has taken great strides to ensuring the mental well-being of our farmers. If you're in need of assistance, call and speak with someone today.Talk to an expert
Farm Data Reports
These reports summarize the individual farm records of farms in Minnesota that are enrolled in Farm Management Education programs. The current financial status of farm operators and net returns from each crop enterprise is reported. In addition to the average of all farms, the averages for the high and low net income groups are also presented. To insure anonymity, only averages of five or more farms are reported.Historic Reports
- FBM Brochure 2021
- Organic Alfalfa Hay-Upper Midwest_Final
- Organic Corn Silage-Upper Midwest_Final
- Organic Corn-Upper Midwest_Final
- Organic Dairy-Upper Midwest_Final
- Organic Soybeans-Upper Midwest-Final
- Whole Farm-Upper Midwest_Final
- Cover crop analysis handout
- EDF FBM Cover Crop Scholarship flyer
- Farm Transition Events 2021 and 2022
- FBM State Meeting 2021 – Farm Transition Questionnaire
- CFFM Farm Business Management Reports
Water Quality Scholarship Resources
Minnesota Department of Agriculture
Beginning Farmer Resources
Learn more on our Farm Transition page.
Learn more on our Emerging Farmer page/Página de agricultores emergentes.