The STEM Comes Alive Boot Camp is a free week-long program for teens and local high school students entering 9-12th grades. During STEM Camp, students will have the opportunity to explore STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) by taking part in curriculum, applied learning activities, STEM-based project learning, and field trips. Students will have the opportunity to explore future careers, job opportunities, and educational pathways.
This one-week program will increase students’ knowledge and skills through:
- Highlighting important environmental and societal issues related to STEM
- Interaction with Riverland Community College faculty and staff
- Applied-learning activities with local STEM leaders
- Fun research-based methods and projects
- Guest speakers, field trips, and laboratory/outdoor activities
- Team-building, games, and a supportive atmosphere!