Director of Ag & Energy Center
Posted on: July 20, 2020
CENTRAL LAKES COLLEGE
501 West College Drive
Brainerd, MN 56401
MnSCU Administrator Range 3 (Unclassified MnSCU Administrators’ Plan)
This position will manage the operations of the Central Lakes College Ag & Energy Center, provide leadership, direct development, and coordinate a variety of interrelated agricultural research activities. This position will also plan, initiate, direct, manage and evaluate educational programming, manage the Central Lakes Ag & Energy Center research farm, and the Farm Business Management program. This position will develop and promote relationships with internal and external customers and initiate and maintain Agriculture & Energy grants and budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Agriculture or related field
- 3 years of experience in farm operations, business and/or management
- Experience managing budgets and grants
- Computer skills (Microsoft word, excel, access) Outlook
- Demonstrated public presentation skills
- Supervisory experience
- MN Class D Drivers License
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in writing and managing grants
- Entrepreneurial skills, in accordance with operating the Center as an enterprise within CLC
- Knowledge of marketing in the agriculture industry
- Ability to deal with constant changes in modern production agriculture
- Awareness of Agriculture issues and trends related to consumer sentiment
Apply online http://www.clcmn.edu/human-resources/clcemployment/. This posting is open until August 3, 2020. You must apply online and attach an electronic resume and copy of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position. Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire. Paper applications and resumes will not be considered.
- Employment for this position is covered by the MnSCU Administrators plan which can be found at:
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (Minnesota State) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.